Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Class 4

Class today started at 9.00 am and I had a single activity for the class to work on. The activity focussed on opening a file, typing and editing text, saving and reopening the file. For those who were more advanced, I demonstrated once and let them try it out. They did very well. For those who need more help, I had them sit through 2 or even 3 demos.

In terms of outcomes, the more advanced students really appreciated the change in the class today with the demonstration being more thorough. The others too benefited more (based on my own observation).

A few things I learnt: I should keep copies of all the material of classes leading upto the present class to distribute to new students (we had 3 walk in today).

I need to improve at deferring students and asking them to wait while I deal with whoever I am working with presently.

Additional Note: Despite the difficulty of having new students walk in, I think I can structure it so that they can join us and still learn something beneficial

Our participants today:

Madelina Ary, Bing (Severino), Angela, Irma, David Bagura, (New Students) Nancy, Mary, Esther

Class Hours: 2.5
Instructors: 1
Participants: 8
F:M : 6:2
Course Handouts: 2 pp (pages/person)
Laptops Used: 6

Week Ahead:
Laptops (I obtained 3 last week after some arm twisting). Course Content for Inet & Email.

No comments: