Sunday, October 12, 2008

Incubation Period

Since our last official class, I've met a few of the students on a one off basis to assist them with a few things that they requested.

In the meantime, I have gone ahead with a few new things. I've purchased two laptops (Thanks to Think Notebooks in Illawong) and rented a space and arranged to do a more intensive course of 8 classes in a 4 week period at a local community centre. It will be interesting to see how these classes pan out - first and foremost - whether anyone actually turns up. I have contacted the local library and migrant centres to put out publicity material and I know that there are quite a few people who are interested.

At the moment I have not arranged for any childcare and students would have to make their way to classes on their own. While this is a little cumbersome, I still hope that enough of them will turn up to make the classes worth it. If not, one will need to rethink the strategy and see how it can be done better or differently next time around.

Fingers crossed and time to get cracking with structuring and thinking through the classes. Its been a great learning experience so far and I have no doubt this little sojourn will prove to be equally enlightening irrespective of the outcome.

No comments: